Mason Reps Named to Prince William County Economic Task Force
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: December 21, 2009 at 2:51 pm
The Prince William Board of County Supervisors named Roger Stough, vice president for research and economic development, and James Cooper, director of medical research development in Life Sciences, to a new 18-member Prince William County Economic Development Task Force.
According to a county-issued news release, the task force will have six months to make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors, including recommendations for a new public-private entity that will replace the existing Economic Development Council.
“These recommendations will enable us to hold our position as one of the nation’s leading communities in which to do business,” the release quoted board chair Corey A. Stewart, who will also serve on the task force.
“The Task Force will look beyond the work of our existing Department of Economic Development into new opportunities. All options and ideas are on the table,” Stewart said.
Other task force members are
- Martin Briley, executive director, Department of Economic Development
- C. Daniel Clemente, member of the Transition Team Economic Development Task Force for Gov.-Elect Robert F. McDonnell
- Wally Covington, Brentsville District, Board of County Supervisors
- Steve Daves, president of R.W. Murray
- Linda Decker, president and CEO, the Flory Small Business Center Inc.
- Mike Garcia, president, Mike Garcia Construction
- Gary Garczynski, president of National Capital Land and Development
- William Gary, vice president for workforce development, Northern Virginia Community College
- Russ Gestl, executive vice president, Buchanan Partners LLC
- Chris Jahrling, mid-Atlantic director, Turner Construction
- Mike Lubeley, attorney and partner, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley, Emrich & Walsh, PC
- Jon Peterson, vice president, the Peterson Companies
- Gary Rappaport, president and CEO, the Rappaport Companies
- Susan Roltsch, acting county executive
- Richard Seraydarian, Lockheed Martin Federal Systems (retired)
Write to gazette at email@example.com