New Century College Presents Faculty Workshops
Posted: February 15, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
New Century College invites all faculty members to participate in its spring 2000 faculty development workshops. The series begins on Thursday, Feb. 17, with Marie Eaton of Fairhaven College, who leads a discussion on engaging students as reflective learners. Other workshops will focus on sharing best teaching practices and on high-tech/high-touch approaches to teaching.
- Feb. 17, 3 to 5 p.m., “Engaging Students in the Reflective Process,” Marie Eaton, dean, Fairhaven College, Western Washington University, Johnson Center, Room 213
- March 3, noon to 1:30 p.m., “The Scholarship of Teaching: Insights from Recent Conferences and Faculty Exchanges,” Karen Misencik and Anita Taylor, Johnson Center, Room 213
- March 24, noon to 1:30 p.m., “Information Technology in New Century College: Faculty Opportunities and Responsibilities,” Jim Young, Johnson Center, Assembly Room G
- April 7, noon to 1:30 p.m., “C-SPAN as a Teaching Resource,” Janette Muir, Johnson Center, Assembly Room G (jointly sponsored with DoIIIT)
- April 21, noon to 1:30 p.m., “Teaching across the Digital Divide,” Star Muir, Johnson Center, Room G (jointly sponsored with DoIIIT)