Century Club Sponsors IT Student Project Showcase
Posted: February 1, 2000 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Planning your student projects for the spring? The Century Club, in partnership with the Department of Instructional Improvement and Instructional Technologies (DoIIIT), is sponsoring an Information Technology Student Project Showcase for students in all disciplines. The showcase is held on Wednesday, May 4, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Innovations 2000 projects, senior design projects, honors projects, and other projects that involve the creative use of technology are welcome.
If you are interested in having your students participate in this showcase, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before Feb. 15. A more detailed, formal registration form is due in April.
Century Club members are available to host projects and to guide students as necessary. They will judge the projects on May 4 on the basis of the following criteria:
- Does this project solve a problem based on information technology, or does it use information technology to solve a problem?
- How varied were the skills needed to develop this project?
- Does the project demonstrate a team collaborative effort?
- Was the project articulated in a clear and concise manner?
- Did the project work?
- How creative was the project?
- How difficult/complex was the project?
For more information, contact Judy Pearson, executive director, Century Club of GMU, Inc., at 761-3141 or email@example.com.