BYTE Week Set for Aug. 24-28
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: August 18, 2009 at 3:14 pm
It’s time to Build Your Technology/Teaching Expertise (BYTE) again.
Learning Support Services will offer faculty and staff members dozens of workshops to sharpen their IT skills from Aug. 24 to Aug. 28.
All workshops are free. Some topics are
- Introduction to myMason portal
- Social media U: best practices and case studies teaching with web 2.0 tools
- Listserv enhancements
- Blackboard CE – tips and tricks
- Twitter: 10+ ways to use it for your classes
- Introduction to WordPress (blog authoring tool)
- Through the Rabbit Hole: a library Wonderland to visual resources in the arts and humanities
- Podcasting 101: planning and producing effective instructional podcasts
- Using SPSS for simple inferential statistics
- Accessibility and Section 508 compliance at Mason
To see a complete listing and register, see the IT Training web site.
For other information, call 703-993-3426 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to gazette at email@example.com