Nominate Your Boss for the Outstanding Supervisor Award
Posted: August 5, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: August 4, 2009 at 11:05 am
The Staff Senate is accepting nominations for the fall 2009 Outstanding Supervisor Award. The deadline for nominations is Friday, Aug. 28.
All staff members may nominate their supervisor by submitting a nomination form accompanied by no more than three letters of support. Each letter must be one page or less and should describe how the supervisor meets the award criteria below, being as specific and thorough as possible.
Award criteria are
- Creating a pleasant and productive work environment
- Being open to suggestions and ideas
- Recognizing and rewarding employee performance
- Being fair and flexible
- Encouraging professional growth of employees
- Acting as an advocate for his or her staff
- Providing a clear vision for the department
- Involving the staff in departmental goals
The award presentation will be held during the Outstanding Achievement Award Ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 29, 2009.
More information and nomination forms are available at the Staff Senate web site. Contact Sarah Knapp, the Staff Senate administrative assistant, at 703-993-4141 with any questions.
Write to gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org