Greek Week Focuses on Helping the Community
Posted: March 23, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
“No Matter the Letter, Greeks Stand Together” is the theme of Greek Week ’09, March 22-29. During the week, Mason fraternities and sororities will focus on helping the community while they’re having fun.
At Greek events this week, students will raise donations in support of Habitat for Humanity and Food for Others, a food bank.
Activities taking place on Mason’s Fairfax Campus include
- Shack-A-Thon, Sunday, March 22, through Tuesday, March 24, on the Johnson Center’s North Plaza. Fraternities and sororities build shacks to live in for two nights.
- Aquatics Day, Wednesday, March 25, 10:30 to 11:30 p.m., Aquatic and Fitness Center.
- Field Day, Thursday, March 26, RAC Field (formerly Robinson Field), 7 to 10:30 p.m.
- Kickball Tournament, Friday, March 27, Intramural Fields 1 and 2, noon to 6 p.m.
- Greek Sing, a series of musical performances by different Greek organizations at Mason, on Saturday, March 28 at 1 p.m., in the Student Union Building II Ballroom, with doors opening at noon.
- Step 101: A Lesson in Swagger, on Sunday, March 29, at the Center for the Arts; doors open at 5:30 p.m., with the show beginning at 6 p.m. Admission is $10.