Business Alliance Selects Companies for Grubstake Showcase
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Eight entrepreneurial companies, each seeking $250,000 to $2 million in investment capital, will be featured at the spring Grubstake Breakfast hosted by the Business Alliance of George Mason University.
The companies will make their case for investment capital on Thursday, March 19, from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at The Ritz-Carlton hotel in Tysons Corner, Va.
The Business Alliance Grubstake Breakfast is the longest running networking and investor forum of its kind in the region.
The event offers businesspeople the opportunity to network, stay abreast of the latest technologies and find a potential investment, strategic partner or client.
The featured companies represent a variety of products and services: distribution/tracking of medication, health information security, nanotechnology, enterprise software, antiviral/bacterial products, social networking, cyber security and travel.
Five prescreened companies will present their investment opportunities and face queries by investors who also will share with the audience their perspectives of the current market.
The presenting companies are:
- ChicksWithKidz (Alexandria, Va.) is the developer of bizzyBee, the first baby data assistant. BizzyBee is a portable device used to notify parents or caregivers when it is time to medicate sick children; it also provides other critical data.
- Eye Controls LLC (Chantilly, Va.) designs and manufactures the patent-pending SafeMatch iris identification system for use with electronic medical records to positively identify patients. The system is also used for patient-record access and e-prescribing functions.
- Mingle360 (Fairfax, Va.) is a social connectivity platform that makes it easier for consumers to safely connect with one another, with vendors and with products or interests. Using a MingleStick instead of a business card allows users to tag contacts at an event and later retrieve information about them.
- Pixelligent Technologies LLC (College Park, Md.) is a nanotechnology company whose leading innovation is centered on lithographic applications used in integrated circuit design. This innovation enables more transistors to be printed on each chip, thus increasing processing capacity.
- SitScape’s (Vienna, Va.) enterprise software empowers business users to see the most important and relevant information at a glance on personalized dashboards that can be easily assembled in minutes using live data on disparate web applications or external sites.
Attendees also will be able to meet representatives from the following firms at the Spotlight Tables.
- Dalos BioPharma (Virginia Beach, Va.) produces naturally occurring botanical products derived from a proprietary single source to combat MRSA and other staphylococcus-related skin infections, as well as Molluscum contagiosum and other viral skin diseases.
- Turiss LLC (Reston, Va.) provides information security services and cyber-fraud prevention software using cutting-edge cyber-intelligence reports and alerts to financial institution clients based on intelligence generated by its civil intelligence network.
- Viscape LTD (Arlington, Va.) offers a free listing and lead-generation service on a social networking platform for vacation property businesses.
Preregistration for Grubstake is required. To register, see the Business Alliance web site.