Board of Visitors Meets
Posted: February 5, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
By Robin Herron
At its meeting held on Feb. 4, Mason’s Board of Visitors (BOV) voted to approve new room and board rates for 2009-10. The average increase for most students living on campus will be $450 or 6.25 percent for the year.
Depending on accommodations chosen, the actual room rate increase varies from 4 to 7.6 percent.
The board rate for a 15-meal flex plan that includes 100 food bonus points (rather than the previous 25) increases by $150 per year or 5 percent.
The increases were necessary to cover the increased costs of staffing, utilities and rising construction costs.
In other action, the BOV approved a new MA in Graphic Design.
The BOV also approved the designation University Professor for the following professors:
- Giorgio Ascoli, Molecular Neuroscience, Krasnow Institute for Advanced Study
- Kenneth De Jong, Computer Science, the Volgenau School of Information Technology and Engineering
- Faye Taxman, Administration of Justice, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Lois Tetrick, Psychology, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Martin M. Winkler, Modern and Classical Languages, College of Humanities and Social Sciences