Professors Tapped for Inauguration Commentary
Posted: January 15, 2009 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Mason professors are in demand as the media seek experts on inauguration-related issues.
- Mark Hopson, Communication, will be on NewsChannel 8 Live at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 15, to talk about race and the new administration.
- Richard Norton Smith, scholar in residence, History and Art History, will be commentating for ABC National News on Inauguration Day.
- Jeremy Mayer, School of Public Policy, will be on on Fox 5 at 8:15 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 16; NewsChannel 8 on Monday, Jan. 19, in the morning; and on AP Broadcast (radio) on Tuesday, Jan. 20, from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Michael Fauntroy, School of Public Policy, will be on Channel 9 at 5 a.m. and on Minnesota Public Radio for its midmorning show on Monday, Jan. 19; and on Fox 5 on Tuesday, Jan. 20, from 9 to 11 a.m. and again from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- John Farina, Religious Studies, will be on Fox 5 in the morning prior to the National Prayer Service on Wednesday, Jan. 21. The service is traditionally attended by the president and vice president and members of the Supreme Court and Congress, as well as other dignitaries.