Online Seminar Discusses Returning Veterans, Implications for Higher Education
Posted: October 15, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
A previously recorded online seminar will address a variety of issues related to returning veterans and higher education. It will be presented on Wednesday, Oct. 22, from 1 to 3 p.m. in Innovation Hall, Room 103, on the Fairfax Campus.
The free seminar will help participants:
- Understand how returning veterans differ from veterans of earlier conflicts
- Discover the implications these differences will have on the nature and delivery of student services
- Learn how returning veterans will affect the campus community
- Learn what support services will help veterans succeed academically and personally
- Gather staff and administrators to discuss this key issue
This event is sponsored by the Office of Disability Services, Human Resources and Payroll, and Mason Military Outreach.
For more information, contact Stacey Remick-Simkins.