Mason to Host Health Care Reform Forum for Virginia Candidates
Posted: September 30, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Mason’s Department of Health Administration and Policy and Center for Health Policy Research and Ethics will host a Health Care Reform Forum on Wednesday, Oct. 1, from 6 to 9 p.m. in Harris Theater on the Fairfax Campus.
Candidates for Virginia’s U.S. Senate seat and Northern Virginia’s congressional districts will discuss their strategies for strengthening the U.S. health care system.
Each participant will deliver a 15-minute presentation, followed by questions from a panel of Mason faculty members, health policy graduate students and community sponsor organizations. More than 20 diverse organizations interested in the future of health care reform are serving as community sponsors.
Confirmed participants are
- Gerald E. Connolly, Democratic candidate, 11th Congressional District
- Mark Ellmore, Republican candidate, 8th Congressional District
- Judy Feder, Democratic candidate, 10th Congressional District
- Keith Fimian, Republican candidate, 11th Congressional District
- Del. Mark Sickles, D-Fairfax, on behalf of Rep. Jim Moran, 8th Congressional District
Jane Woods, former Virginia secretary of health and human resources, will moderate.
The event is free and open to the public. For additional information, e-mail P.J. Maddox or call 703-993-1982.