Last Week to Make Outstanding Supervisor Nominations
Posted: August 18, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Friday, Aug. 22, is the deadline for submitting nominations for the fall 2008 Outstanding Supervisor Award at Mason. This is your chance to give your boss the recognition he or she deserves.
Any staff member may nominate their supervisor by completing a nomination form and submitting three letters of support that describes how the supervisor meets the award criteria.
Award criteria are:
- creating a pleasant and productive work environment
- being open to suggestions and ideas
- recognizing and rewarding employee performance
- being fair and flexible
- encouraging professional growth of employees
- acting as an advocate for his or her staff
- providing a clear vision for the department
- involving the staff in the goals of the department
The award presentation will be held during the Outstanding Achievement Award Ceremony on Oct. 21.
More information and nomination forms are available at the Staff Senate web site. Contact Sarah Knapp, the Staff Senate administrative assistant, at 703-993-4141 with any questions.