Students Selected for Summer 2008 Undergraduate-Faculty Apprenticeship Program
Posted: June 17, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
Twelve students were selected for the competitive Undergraduate-Faculty Apprenticeship Program, which matches students with faculty mentors to work on a creative or scholarly project.
The students selected, their projects and mentors are:
- Joanna Berezny, theater, “Practical Marketing for Live Theater”; Ken Elston, mentor
- Palma Jean Botterell, chemistry, “Smarter Hydrogel Particles”; Barney Bishop, mentor
- Darshan Desai, neuroscience, “Morphological Analysis of Climbing Fibers through Computational Modeling”; Giorgio Ascoli, mentor
- Lisa Horne, astronomy, “Taking a Census of Baryons in the Local Universe”; Jessica Rosenberg, mentor
- Phuong Lu, electrical engineering, “Controlling Electrode Current Efficiently through Hardware and Software”; Nathalia Peixoto, mentor
- Kathryn Melvin, biology, “Aspiring Scientist Summer Internship Program”; James Willett, mentor
- Nadia Mollinedo, psychology, “An Assessment of Fear Extinction and Dendritic Morphology from the Infralimbic and Amygdala Regions in Adult Rats Exposed to Chronic Nicotine during Adolescence or Adulthood”; Hadley Bergstrom, mentor
- Elizabeth R. Moore, history, “History Apprenticeship Project”; Benedict Carton, mentor
- Daniel Odom, art history and global affairs, “The Invisible Other and Construction of the Homosexual Counterculture through Abstract Expressionism”; John “Fred” Saddler, mentor
- Stanko Petrov, biology, “Measuring Electric Potential and Local Ionic Changes of Nerve Cells during Seizure”; Nathalia Peixoto, mentor
- Jessica Inez Mazur Pyhtila, biology and chemistry, “Characterization of an Amoeba-Derived Inhibitor of Francisella Growth”; Monique van Hoek, mentor
- Aline Sandouk, chemistry and foreign languages, “Determining the Effect of cAMP Signaling Agonists and Antagonists on Protein Kinase A Localization within Neuronal Membranes”; Avrama Blackwell, mentor
Berezny, Horne and Odom have previously received apprenticeships.
For more information on the Undergraduate-Faculty Apprenticeship Program, contact Emil Thomas Chuck, interim coordinator, at email@example.com.