Conferences Tackle Corporate Ethics and Fraud Prevention
Posted: April 25, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The School of Management and Accounting Excellence Program will host two corporate governance events on the Fairfax Campus in May.
The 3rd Annual Corporate Governance and Ethics Symposium will take place on Friday, May 9, in Research I, Room 163. This year’s symposium will cover these topics:
- Implementation issues of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board’s Auditing Standard No. 5
- Use of financial and analytical tools for fraud detection and prevention
- The Office of Management and Budget Circular A-123: Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control
- The Security and Exchange Commission’s latest perspective on integration of international accounting standards, IFRS
Attendees may earn up to 6 CPE credits and fulfill the annual Virginia ethics course requirement. For a complete agenda and additional details, see the web site or contact Massood Yahya-Zadeh at email@example.com.
In addition, on Saturday, May 10, the Inaugural Corporate Governance and Fraud Prevention Conference will take place in Research I, Room 163. The conference aims to assemble scholars in accounting, finance, economics and management who are working on current issues in the broad area of corporate governance, fraud and ethics. Some topics that will be covered include
- Accounting scandals in IPO firms: do underwriters and VCs help?
- Co-opted boards: costs, benefits, causes and consequences
- The interdependence between institutional investor stock ownership and information dissemination by capital market data aggregators
- Using non-financial measures to detect fraud
Attendees may earn up to 7 CPE credits. For a complete agenda and additional details, see the web site or contact Partha Sengupta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each event costs $175. For those attending both events, the cost is $325. Fees cover lunch, refreshments and an evening reception. To register, visit the event web sites.