Staff Senate Seeks Outstanding Supervisor Nominations
Posted: January 9, 2008 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The staff senate is accepting nominations for the spring 2008 Outstanding Supervisor Award. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 1.
Any staff member may nominate their supervisor by completing a nomination form and submitting three letters of support that describe how the supervisor meets the following award criteria. Submissions should be as specific and thorough as possible.
- Creating a pleasant and productive work environment
- Being open to suggestions and ideas
- Recognizing and rewarding employee performance
- Being fair and flexible
- Encouraging professional growth of employees
- Acting as an advocate for his or her staff
- Providing a clear vision for the department
- Involving the staff in the goals of the department
The award presentation will be held during the Outstanding Achievement Award ceremony on March 7.
More information and nomination forms are available at the Staff Senate web site. Contact Sarah Knapp, the Staff Senate administrative assistant, at 703-993-4141 with any questions.