Provost to Hold Forum on the State of Mason Academics
Posted: September 11, 2007 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
The Office of the Provost will hold forums on the State of Mason Academics at all three campuses. The forum provides an opportunity for exchange and questions between Provost Peter Stearns, relevant members of his staff and the university community.
Initial remarks at this forum will focus on
- Academic administration at Mason
- Strategic directions and the “great university discussion”
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) accreditation
- Global initiatives
Discussions can range over these topics and any others brought by the audience. Questions and comments will be welcome in what is intended as a lively and mutually instructive exchange. Light refreshments will be served.
The schedule follows.
- Oct. 5 – Arlington Campus, 9 to 10 a.m., Original Building, Room 244
- Oct. 10 – Fairfax Campus, noon to 1 p.m., Johnson Center Cinema
- Nov. 2 – Prince William Campus, noon to 1 p.m., Verizon Auditorium
If you have any questions, please call Debbie Williams, Office of the Provost, at 703-993-8776.