Alumnus Elected Chairman of Mason Foundation Board
Posted: June 13, 2007 at 1:00 am, Last Updated: November 30, -0001 at 12:00 am
At its annual meeting last Friday, the George Mason University Foundation Board of Trustees elected Mason alumnus Michael Anzilotti, president of Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc., as its new chairman, succeeding Albert Dwoskin, CEO and president of A.J. Dwoskin and Associates Inc.
Dwoskin will remain on the board as immediate past chairman.
Mason alumnus Michael Anzilotti, president of Virginia Commerce Bancorp Inc.
Anzilotti, who received his MBA from Mason in 1983 and an honorary degree in 2003, is the second alum to be elected chairman. Lovey Hammel, BS ’88, chaired the board from 2001 to 2003. The board generates, manages, invests and administers private support on behalf of the university.
The board also elected other new officers and members. Elected vice chairman and treasurer, respectively, were John Norman Jr., president of Norman Realty Inc; and Leonard Pomata, CEO of Government Information Technology Integration Systems. Donna Morea, president of CGI-AMS, was re-elected secretary. Jack Censer, dean of the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, was appointed to a two-year academic term as dean representative.
At the meeting, Judy Jobbitt, president of the Mason Foundation and vice president for University Development and Alumni Affairs since 1999, was recognized for her service. Jobbitt previously announced her resignation, effective June 30.
Newly elected trustees, to serve three-year terms, were
- Larry Alleva, partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Janet Barnard, vice president and regional manager of Cox Communications
- Robert Buchanan, partner with Buchanan Partners LLC
- W. Jeffrey Carlton, senior vice president–Wealth Management for SmithBarney
- James Duffey, vice president and general manager for EDS, Public Sector
- Jay Khim, chairman, CEO and president of JWK Corporation
- Shivram Krishnan, president and CEO of INDUS Corporation
- Jay Meriwether, managing director of RHI Executive Search
- John Paul Phaup, managing director of Phaup Crown Management Group/Wachovia Securities
- Donna Shafer, executive vice president of West*Group
- J. Scott Wilfong, president and CEO of SunTrust Bank, Greater DC
Re-elected to second and third, three-year terms, were
- Robert Callahan, managing director of Callahan and Associates
- James Hazel, principal of The Angler Companies
- John Milliken, partner with Venable LLP
- Edwin Meese III, Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow at the Heritage Foundation
- Betty Southard Murphy, partner with Baker and Hostetler
- Dexter Odin, principal of Odin, Feldman and Pittleman PC
- Esther Smith, partner with Qorvis Communications LLC
- Michael Vanderpool, president of Vanderpool, Frostick and Nishanian
In addition to Anzilotti, Callahan, Hazel and Phaup are Mason alumni.